Sometimes it’s hard to keep yourself motivated. When you’re hitting a wall professionally, consulting quotes about hard work can help inspire you to break through the barriers you are experiencing.
If you find moving words from people who inspire you, you can use them as a mantra to get you through tough times. Here are some great quotes about how working hard leads to success.
The Hard Work Definition
If you’re trying to develop a definition of hard work, it’s a good idea to turn to the inspirational words of people who have found success through hard work. Here are some thoughts on what hard work is and what it creates.
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” ― Stephen King
- “Treat every opportunity as though it were the last you would ever get.” ― Fela Bank-Olemoh
- “You got to do the work no one else is willing to do, in order to get the kind of success most people only dream about having.” ― Jeanette Coron
- “There are no geniuses in this life. Only those who were afraid of challenges and those who were not. ― P.H. Wilson
- “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Augusta F. Kantra
- “Working hard overcomes a whole lot of other obstacles. You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.” ― Marsha Evans
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” — Kobe Bryant
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Confidence and hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person.” — Abdul Kalam
Hard Work Quotes
If you’re looking for a mantra to inspire you, here are some famous quotes to post on your desk or make your lock screen so you can constantly be inspired.
- “Without labor, nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “Hard work betrays none.” – Hachiman Hikigaya
- “Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama
- “It’s hard to beat a person who doesn’t give up.” – Babe Ruth
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills
- “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Simon Sinek
- “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “Inspiration is the windfall from hard work and focus. Muses are too unreliable to keep on the payroll. ― Helen Hanson
- “Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy” ― Robert Half
- “Whatever the art or whatever the craft – and make a note of this before you go – talent means next to nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” ― Patrick Süskind
- “I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out.”– Theodore Roosevelt
- “Enjoy life, study hard, play hard, be kind to other people, set high standards, and don’t be afraid to say ‘No.‘”– Nia Long
- “Dream big, stay positive, work hard, and enjoy the journey.” — Urijah Faber
- “The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.” — Michelle Obama
While some people are handed more opportunities than others, working hard plays a large role in creating your own success. Here are some inspirational quotes on how working hard begets success.
- “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
- “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
- “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.” – Eric Thomas
- “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” -Frank Lloyd Wright
- “If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.”— Thomas J. Watson
- “Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but improves its chances.” – B. J. Gupta
What it Takes to be Successful
- “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
- “Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work. I live by that. You grind hard so you can play hard. At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually, it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” – Kevin Hart
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased, and rent is due every day.” – J. J. Watt
- “There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.”– John C. Maxwell
Putting in the Effort Helps Your Dream Grow
Some people start out with more advantages in life. Sometimes the odds are stacked against you. But you will never know if you can achieve your goals without putting in the hard work.
Invest in your dreams by showing up every day and giving it your all. Hopefully, these motivational quotes will help inspire you to continue putting in the effort to achieve your dreams!
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.