Looking for some self love quotes to remind you just how amazing you are? You’ve come to the right place.
Sometimes the stress or hardship we experience makes us feel like we aren’t worthy of love. No matter how much love the people closest to you offer, it’s difficult to fully let their words resonate with you until you remember to love yourself.
If you’ve been overanalyzing your actions and criticizing yourself for years, it’s hard to turn off that judgmental voice in your brain. It takes practice to become good at loving yourself, so don’t be discouraged if it takes some time to sink in.
For your inspiration, here are some self love quotes to read when you’re struggling on your journey of self acceptance.
Happiness Self Love Quotes
Inner joy is tied to the way we process love. While we may love others through their personal struggles, we can sometimes forget to love ourselves in our darkest hour. Here are some quotes to inspire you to choose happiness and see the bright side of situations.
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” —Robert Morely
- “You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value, you have a purpose. All is well.” —Abraham Hicks
- “The happiness you feel is in direct proportion with the love you give.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Happiness comes from you. No one else can make you happy. You make you happy.” —Beyonce
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” —Oscar Wilde
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” —Dalai Lama
Confidence plays a huge role in whether or not you engage in self love. If you struggle with confidence, you might believe you need to work hard to deserve or earn love.
Your worth as an individual is in no way tied to your performance at work or successes in your personal life. You were born completely unique and just by existing, you are worthy of love.
Here are some self love quotes that will help boost your confidence.
- “You deserve someone who makes you feel like the otherworldly creature you are. Yourself.” —Amanda Lovelace
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” —Brené Brown
- “No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.” —Edmond Mbiaka
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” —Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” —Diane von Furstenberg
- “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.” —Brené Brown
- “Don’t fall into the trap of sacrificing your self-esteem for affection and acceptance.” —Ashley Graham
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” —Rumi
- “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” ―Louise L. Hay, You Can Heal Your Life
- “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.” ―Wayne W. Dyer
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
Self Love and Success
Whether or not we want it to, our success sometimes depends on our perception of our self worth. If we are confident in our abilities, we develop a resilience that helps us bounce back from and push through trials. Self love is required to power us through difficulties and allow us to take chances on ourselves.
To be clear, our worth and self love should not depend on success. However, if you show yourself love, you’re more likely to experience success. You do not need success to deserve love. Don’t love yourself only when you experience success.
Here are some self love quotes that underscore the importance of how loving ourselves opens up amazing opportunities for us.
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” —Lucille Ball
- “This is not the moment to wilt into the underbrush of your insecurities. You’ve earned the right to grow. You’re going to have to carry the water yourself.” —Cheryl Strayed
- “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.” —Venus Williams
- “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” —Yogi Bhajan
- “Self-care is how you take your power back.” —Lalah Delia
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure.” —Suzy Kassem
- “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ―Shannon L. Alder
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” ―M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ―Shannon L. Alder
Self Love Is Journey, Not a Destination
If you’ve never devoted time to self care and self love, it’s difficult to learn to love yourself, flaws and all. Don’t get down on yourself if your mindset doesn’t immediately change.
Devote time and energy to complimenting yourself on your successes, accepting any setbacks or failures you experience, and reminding yourself that your performance does not dictate your worth. You likely spend so much time loving anyone else beyond yourself; don’t forget to give yourself some love. Find the love in your heart that you deserve.
Do you have any other self love quotes that inspire you? Post them in the comments!Published in