Diving deep into a zodiac sign’s personality traits is a fun way to discover new elements of your inner self. Even if you find that one of your signs doesn’t really fit who you are, the act of self-reflection and analysis can be extremely revealing and fulfilling.
If you were born in late December or January, chances are you are a Capricorn! Let’s take a look at what being an element of the earth might mean for you and your personality traits.
Understanding the Sun Sign
When it comes to signs of the zodiac, people are most familiar with their sun sign. But did you know that there are three other signs for you to be aware of? They each correspond to a different part of your identity, and each is determined by different factors of your birth.
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
Born between December 22 to January 19-20, Capricorns are known for their personalities that are as strong as a winter’s gale. Let’s take a look at what this sign is most famous for.
The Capricorn Sun Sign
Capricorn is one of the cardinal signs, alongside Aries (fire/spring), Cancer (water/summer), and Libra (air/fall). The cardinal signs are ones that begin each change of season, which means their spirits are always pushing to try, do, or be something new. They make things happen and Capricorns especially are known to set their sights on a goal and create a realistic, achievable plan to get there. The Capricorn sign starts the winter solar season.
Since Capricorn is an earth sign, like Taurus and Virgo, they are grounded and practical as they approach problems in life. They like to take things from a straightforward approach and see everything in life as a task meant to be completed. As such, they take logical steps towards completing that task, and it isn’t out of character for them to make a detailed plan or outline to lead them to success.
The body of a goat, or in some traditions a sea-goat, which is a goat with the tail of a fish, represents the Capricorn sign. Beyond its constellation form, it represents the Greek God Pan. Pan cares for all nature’s creatures and is the voice for the voiceless. So too does the Capricorn personality speak up in times of uncertainty.
Capricorns demonstrate what’s known as a growth mindset; even if they do not have a natural ability or skill, they will work so hard that they become the best in the office, on the court, or in the arts. These people are extremely ambitious and have high standards for themselves and the people around them. If you get paired with a Capricorn on a group project, you will certainly succeed, but they will make sure you put in the same amount of effort as they do, so be prepared to work! A Capricorn rules the roost when it comes to team efforts.
When left unchecked, Capricorns can fall into a workaholic lifestyle. They’re perfectionists with unmatched discipline, so they won’t stop until they meet their own high standards. Capricorns love to meet their goals, and they use their practicality and grounding to find realistic means to achieve those goals.
Because they’re so dedicated, they can occasionally come off as stoic and seem to not have a sense of humor. If you’re a true friend of someone with the Capricorn zodiac sign, you know that you have a dedicated, committed, talented, hardworking friend who will put just as much effort into the friendship as they will their work.
Capricorn Sign Traits
A Capricorn’s personality is best known for these traits. If this is your sign, you are:
- Hardworking: If there’s a task in front of you, you won’t stop until you complete it. No matter how much work or effort it will take, you will accomplish your goal.
- Diligent: You’re focused on the goal and you’re prepared to take every step you need to get there.
- Responsible: You can be trusted by your friends, coworkers, and family. You aren’t going to let anyone down.
- Tenacious: You’re focused and have a strong grip on reality. You aren’t held down by setbacks; you just see them as additional problems to solve, and that opportunity can excite you.
- Stubborn: You know what’s best and aren’t afraid to let it be known. You won’t easily let go of control or change course on a whim.
- Sensible: You aren’t here to sugarcoat things or make outlandish claims. You’re going to stick to the facts and give a fresh sense of realism to people who are out of touch with reality.
The Sign of a Pragmatist
If you are a Capricorn, own your pragmatism. While some might call you a pessimist, know that they’re looking at you from the wrong angle. You aren’t being pessimistic; you’re being realistic about a situation, and that perspective allows you to craft solutions to help you overcome any problems. Would someone who is a pessimist have the inspiration it requires to see solutions?
These skills give you an incredible edge in the business world. You have the power to truly succeed in any position. You can be a leader if you want to be, or you can do wonders as someone whose job requires extreme attention to detail. If you’re looking for a way to learn more about your options and who you are as a Capricorn sign, join WBD! We have the power to help you discover even more about who you are as a professional and we’d love to help you find long-term success in your field.Published in