If you’re struggling to discover who you truly are and need some guidance, taking a deep dive into your zodiac sign might be a great place to start. Even if you don’t fully identify with the characteristics of your sun sign, taking the time to reflect on who you are as an individual and your place in the cosmos will always be an enlightening experience.
If you were born under the Scorpio sign, use this opportunity to analyze who you are by reading our breakdown of the traditional Scorpio personality.
Understanding the Sun Sign
While many only think of the one zodiac sign, especially when they’re looking at their horoscope, there are actually three major signs to take a look at. To understand all facets of your personality, you’ll need to take a look at both your moon and rising signs, too.
When you look at all three signs together, you get the most robust sense of your identity, as it factors in different elements of your personalities and desires. To know all three, you’ll need your birth date, time of birth, and location of your birth.
Sun, Moon and Rising Sign
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
Once you know all three signs, you can get a more detailed analysis of yourself. If your Scorpio horoscope doesn’t ring true for you, maybe take a look at your moon or ascendant horoscopes for that day.
If you were born between October 23rd and November 21st, your sun sign is a Scorpio. You share the month of October with Libras, and while there are some similarities, your motivations are very different. Let’s take a look at some of the key elements of this sign to discover who a Scorpio truly is.
The Scorpio Sun Sign
A Scorpio is one of the most intense and emotional signs of the zodiac. Even though they are one of the water signs (Cancer and Pisces being the other two), they are fiery and fierce. Because of this, they are often mistaken as a fire sign.
They love passionately, work determinedly, and live authentically. They’re driven by their emotions, but they very rarely let anyone have access to those emotions.
Very rarely are they vulnerable with people around them, even the ones they are closest to. In situations where they’re meeting new people, they’re more likely to rely on their sense of humor and small talk, rather than letting any deep details about themselves slip.
They are one of the fiercest friends a person can have. They are honest, loyal, and willing to do whatever it takes to protect those they love.
And they aren’t afraid to defend those in their inner circle, and they will do whatever they can to make you happy. If you’re someone who loves getting a lot of attention and care from your partner, you’d do well to fall in love with a Scorpio.
Because they feel so much emotion, they need to take breaks to unwind and shut out the world for a bit to just breathe.
In the office, they are the person that comes up with all the solutions. They don’t take no for an answer and they use their sheer determination to carry them through any difficult situation. They take their work seriously and commit to their position and their team.
Scorpio Sign Traits
As a Scorpio, you likely identify most strongly with these traits:
- Emotional: You have a deep intensity in everything you do. Even though you’re emotional, you keep these thoughts to yourself. And you use whatever emotion you are feeling to drive yourself towards your goals.
- Determined: Once you set your mind on something, you’re going to make it happen. This is a useful trait in the office and when trying to achieve personal goals.
- Brave: Nothing holds a Scorpio back. When someone is in trouble or there’s a lot on the line, you’re ready to jump into action and save the day. Danger comes in a wide variety of forms, and a Scorpio can display their bravery just as widely. Whether you’re jumping into a burning car to save someone or standing up for people facing discrimination, you’re ready to put it all on the line to do the right thing.
- Loyal: Once you decide who your inner circle is, you’ll never abandon them. You’ll do anything to help them achieve their dreams and find their happiness. You’re one of the fiercest friends a person can have.
- Truthful: Even if someone doesn’t want to hear it, you’re going to tell the truth. Your honesty isn’t brutal — although it can be — but it’s authentic. You don’t tell people ugly truths to hurt them; you’re only trying to help.
- Enterprising: As a Scorpio, you shoot for the moon. Your goals are lofty, but you won’t let setbacks stand in your way. Your determination will help you achieve any ambitious goal you set for yourself.
- Clandestine: As a Scorpio, you have difficulty being vulnerable, even with those you are close to. You never wear your heart on your sleeve, and you have difficulty sharing your deep thoughts and emotions with others. This makes it difficult for you to let people in.
The Sign of Intensity
As a Scorpio sign, you’re not going to let life pass you by without making the most of it. You’re going to let your heart lead you as you take every opportunity to live life to the fullest. Scorpios fall in love deeply and have the passion of a fire sign while staying rooted in the emotion of a water sign. Your friends are lucky to have you, and so is your place of work.
If you want to use the traits of your Scorpio Zodiac sign to advance your career, WBD is here to help. We want to help you discover a career you love and grow as a professional, so join us today!
Want more Scorpio content? Check out our other Scorpio articles!
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.