Becoming more familiar with your astrological signs can help you know yourself more deeply. You can use this information in a variety of ways, ranging from discovering what type of career you should pursue to determining what self-care will work best for your personality type. As someone with a Libra sign, you’ll be an extremely effective leader in the office and would benefit from spending time organizing your living space as self-care.
Want to learn more about this October sign? Let’s take a look at some of their more common traits.
Understanding the Sun Sign
When thinking about astrological signs, most people’s minds will go straight to the sun sign. It’s the most commonly referred to of the three signs, since it’s the easiest to figure out; all you need is your birthday.
However, to get a full understanding of your personality, both inwardly and externally, you’ll need to know your moon and rising sign as well.
They each correspond to a different part of your identity, and each is determined by different factors of your birth.
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
If you were born between September 23rd and October 22nd, you belong to the elite legion of Libras, a sign ruled by Venus and one of the air signs, along with Gemini and Aquarius. Let’s learn more about what that means for you.
The Libra Sun Sign
Libra is the seventh sign of the Zodiac, and is one of the signs represented by balance. Libras are best known as the conflict resolvers, and as such, their symbol is the scales of justice.
They try to picture any particular conflict through each party’s point of view so they can come to a solution that makes everyone happy, even if they have to make compromises. The symbol of the scales represents their inherent need to restore balance to all elements of their existence.
They appreciate aesthetic beauty and social harmony. They’re outgoing and are led by their need to restore fairness. They have a strong moral compass and want to bring justice to everyone, in matters both big and small.
When leading a group, a Libra might have conflict with a member who has a fire sign. For example, an Aries will look to conquer rather than compromise, which directly contradicts the Libra’s leadership style.
They’ll have to work twice as hard to pacify their fiery personalities. However, with patience, the Libra’s excellent conflict resolution skills will prevail.
The Libra Sign is Ruled by Venus
As they are ruled by Venus, the planet of love, they are someone who falls in love with equality and balance.
One drawback for their love of compromise is their indecisiveness. Instead of just making a decision, they’ll go back and forth for far too long, trying to weigh the thoughts and feelings of everyone involved.
They can feel paralyzed because they want what’s best for everyone, and they have difficulty accepting that this simply isn’t always possible.
They also tend towards a non-confrontational stance, which can be difficult when you have to stand up as a leader and defend your position.
Libras feel at peace when spending time with friends and family. Libra love is just and true, and anyone who knows one is lucky to feel that compassion.
In addition to spending time with those they love, Libras also enjoy meeting new people. They’re known as witty, clever conversationalists, and they go beyond simple small talk. Even a quick, five-minute conversation with someone new can have meaning beyond casual talk about the weather.
A Libra is a hopeless romantic for a future where everyone is treated equitably and has access to what they need to thrive. They are idealists and use their many skills to inch closer and closer to making their dream a reality. Their compassionate heart inspires them to help those in need, and they find purpose in lifting up those who need a helping hand.
When they meet roadblocks on their way to justice, they can become disheartened and disillusioned. Any reminder of how far the world is from their idealist view will come as a blow.
However, they are tenacious, and usually do not let themselves spiral into despair.
Libra Sign Traits
If you are a Libra, you’ll most likely identify most strongly with these traits. As a Libra, you are:
- Diplomatic: You bring your listening skills and compassionate heart whenever you need to help two groups see eye to eye. You crave balance, which helps motivate you when you’re creating a peaceful solution.
- A leader: You take everyone’s needs into account when making decisions. Even if both parties need to make compromises, you’re skilled at coming up with innovative solutions that everyone can be happy with.
- Social: You love spending time with trusted friends and family members, but you also love getting the chance to meet new people.
- Clever: You’re a witty conversationalist, and also skilled at devising unique solutions to complicated problems.
- Kind: You’re a thoughtful friend and extend this kindness to everyone you meet. You’re just as likely to help a friend through a breakup as you are to pay for a stranger’s cup of coffee.
- Compassionate: You feel for other people when they are hurting. You do your best to bring the world closer to justice and want to restore peace whenever possible.
The Sign of a Diplomat
Among the signs of the Zodiac, the Libra sign is most likely to bring peace to any situation. Even the most unpredictable signs can’t resist their compassion and caring solutions. The Libra Zodiac sign would excel in any position of leadership where they’re managing a team.
If you were born under the sign of the balanced scales of justice and want to learn more about what opportunities await you in the professional world, join WBD! We’re here to help you discover a career you love and grow as a professional, no matter what path you take.Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.