The word “Aquarius” immediately brings to mind the tides of the ocean and the flow of a river. The Aquarius sign brings this image to life, as people born with this zodiac sign are free-flowing and constantly changing, eluding categorization.
If you’re an Aquairus, your natural curiosity must have led you here to learn more about yourself. Let’s dive into the traits and commonalities between people born as an Aquarius.
Understanding the Sun Sign
Most people know their sun sign. It’s the easiest to determine because you only need to know your birthday. However, this sign of the zodiac only gives you a small piece of the picture. There are actually three signs that work together to give the clearest image of and insight into your true nature. They each correspond to a different part of your identity, and each is determined by different factors of your birth.
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
An Aquarius is represented by the water bearer, is ruled by Uranus, and applies to people born between January 20 and February 18. If you’re curious to see what this water bearer sign means for your life, keep on reading.
The Aquarius Sun Sign
Similar to water, an Aquarius doesn’t live by one defining shape. Fluid in their nature, an Aquarius is constantly changing, avoiding being put in a box or categorized by others. They’re quirky and proud of it. They don’t need the satisfaction of fitting perfectly into a mold. They create their own rules and follow wherever their passions lead them. Some see them as eccentric, as they’re naturally drawn to the eclectic. It’s not uncommon to see them following fringe, avant-garde fashion trends or spend time getting obsessed with a sci-fi cult classic.
Because they are fluid in nature, they can change their minds quickly, and that can make them a little hard to predict. While some could find this frustrating, others can find it charming and exciting to see someone with the capacity to pursue so many passions.
They are intellectuals, daydreamers, and problem-solvers who see the big picture. They have high aspirations and want to see all the systematic problems of the world ended for good. They have the drive, the passion, and the wherewithal to accomplish these goals. However, their aspirationalism can be their downfall. If they don’t see progress, they’ll become disheartened. They want the best for everyone, and when they can’t secure that idealistic future, they can feel depressed, like they personally let everyone down. As a warrior for justice, they have high standards for how people should be treated. It, therefore, makes sense that when things don’t match up to their lofty idealism, they can get upset or frustrated.
Their approaches to problems are always highly original. They are known to think outside the box and try methods that have never been attempted before. They have no problem throwing tradition out the window to revolutionize a process they think was clunky or unproductive.
However, this immense creativity is not drawn from an emotional state. They’re very practical and balanced, and find creative solutions through reasoning. Their creativity is different from a Libra artist who uses their emotional state as an inspiration for their painting. Their creativity is more based in out-of-the-box technical thinking, and if left unchecked, they can grow deeply lost in thought. If they’re working on a project they have a real passion for, they could completely lose track of time since they’re so focused on finding solutions.
Since they aren’t particularly emotional, some can see them as stoic. This trait, in conjunction with their intelligence, can make them seem condescending to some.
With their intense brainpower, they need intellectual stimulation almost constantly. They grow easily bored if they don’t have a problem to solve, entertainment to engage with or people to interact with.
While they do enjoy spending time with others, especially those they are close with, they need a lot of alone time to dedicate to proper introspection. This time alone allows them to recharge and return to others feeling reinvigorated.
Aquarius Sign Traits
If you are an Aquarius, you most likely identify with these traits:
- Quirky: An Aquarius has no problem being different. They follow their passions, no matter how few people have an interest in them. They aren’t likely to find a subject interesting just because it’s trendy or cool.
- Idealistic: An Aquarius has a vision for what the world could be if everyone worked in harmony. They want to see this world realized, and they do everything they can to improve the world around them.
- Intelligent: An Aquarius needs constant mental stimulation to keep their big brains occupied. They use their intelligence for good and are constantly looking for the next problem to solve.
- Creative: Even though they don’t draw from emotion as a source of their creativity, an Aquarius will think outside of the box to find solutions to complex problems. They don’t do things the way they’ve always been done just because they’ve been done that way.
- Progressive: An Aquarius is always looking for new ways to make the world a better place. They’re open to fresh ideas to shake up the status quo in favor of helping more people.
- Introverted: As an intellectual, an Aquarius needs time to just think deeply and restore their spark.
- Compassionate: An Aquarius cares deeply about others, and will work tirelessly to make the world a better place for everyone.
The Sign of an Intellect and Problem Solving
An Aquarius needs to use their intelligence to solve problems. It’s what they were born to do. They’re free-spirited and full of hope for a better world, and that’s what drives them to make improvements to society. If you have a family member who has an Aquarius Zodiac sign, you’re extremely lucky. While they may seem emotionally detached, you can rest easy knowing that they truly have your best interests at heart and will use their intelligence to make your life better.
An Aquarius sign is extremely valuable to have in the office. Every company has use for an intelligent creative who has the interests of everyone else in mind. If you want to channel your abilities into an incredible career, join WBD! We have the power to help you discover even more about who you are as a professional and we’d love to help you find long-term success in your field.Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.