The air signs of the zodiac are Aquarius, Libra, and Gemini. This sign represents the air element and their character traits include intelligence, open-mindedness, creativity, and unpredictability.
If you’re starting down the path of familiarizing yourself with astrology and the 12 zodiac signs, a great place to start is with the 4 basic elements. In Western astrology, our zodiac signs are broken into four groups that represent different elements: air, earth, water, and fire.
Each of these elements possesses its only traits, both good and bad. By taking the time to understand these elements, you will find it easier to understand yourself and others.
The 3 Air Signs
Aquarius air signs are extremely intelligent and open-minded individuals. They tend to be very original thinkers, which helps them solve problems in unique ways. Their ability to see things from a different perspective can also help them come up with some pretty creative ideas.
At the end of the day though, Aquarians can sometimes seem distant and aloof because they think so differently than everyone else around them. But don’t misunderstand; Aquarians aren’t trying to make people feel bad or left out on purpose – it’s just their nature.
Geminis are also intelligent and open-minded to a certain degree. They enjoy learning about new things. And they tend to be more grounded in reality than Aquarians, because of their preconceived notions and gregarious personalities.
Their biggest downfall comes from the fact that Gemini individuals can sometimes come off as two different people. Hence their zodiac symbol is the twins.
Gemini is a mutable air sign, which means they are adaptable to change. These individuals can be quite charming and sociable, but individuals under this sign tend to lose focus of things easily.
They’re not very good at managing their time because there’s always something better to do that could lead somewhere interesting or new. This is why air signs often struggle with following through on projects or plans in general. The flip side: Geminis love an intellectual challenge and truly enjoy a debate where it might even get heated!
Libras are extremely creative when it comes to finding solutions for problems and thinking outside the box. This trait also makes them great negotiators.
But their desire to always be liked by everyone around them can sometimes lead to trouble… especially when they feel like there’s no other option but to hide things in order to keep the peace.
And even though air signs have a certain charm about them, Libra people are truly at their best when they’ve got someone else equally as charming (or more!) making sure everything falls into place behind the scenes.
Compatibility with The Other Elements
Friendship with Air Signs
All three air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius) make great friends because they’re usually up for anything (even when you least expect it). That is as long as there aren’t any risks involved.
Their intelligence, creativity, and desire to learn more make them pretty interesting individuals. So even keeping these characters around might prove challenging at times. This especially holds true since air signs tend to be extremely indecisive which can frustrate those closest to them.
The good news is that once these individuals have made up their minds about something, they tend to be pretty resolute.
- Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn) make great air sign friends. The earth sign provides the air sign with a more grounded reality, while the air sign contributes new ideas to help their relationship grow even further.
- Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) usually bring a certain air of unpredictability into air element relationships which many may find exciting or challenging depending on how you look at it. It all depends on your point of view as there is no “right” answer!
- Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) may be more challenging friendships for the air sign. This is because air signs are logical thinkers while water signs tend to be emotional and sensitive. However, these two elements do make sense together since air helps to ground the emotions of water!
The air sign relationship has the potential for an extremely healthy and harmonious bond or a totally messy fallout – both scenarios are possible depending on how well the elements involved function together (or apart).
Each of the elements fire, earth, air, and water bring something different to the table. And each should be celebrated for their uniqueness.
Air sign personalities may seem like free spirits. But that’s because these individuals tend to be more adventurous, despite their indecisive nature at times.
- Capricorn Moon: Meaning, Characteristics, and Personality Traits - September 17, 2021
- Pisces Moon: Meaning, Characteristics, and Personality Traits - September 16, 2021
- Are You Suffering Seasonal Depression or Burnout? - September 15, 2021