Remember taking those career aptitude tests in middle school where you answered a bunch of questions and the computer told you what your future job would be?
How about we try guessing your dream career based on your zodiac sign?
Your sun sign can tell a lot about who you are as a person, so it makes sense that taking a look at your zodiac sign could give you clues as to where you would excel professionally. Just like looking at your sign can give you ideas about the best self care for you, we think we can find some careers that your sign would help you succeed in.
Zodiac Sign Dates
Not sure what your zodiac sign is? Your sun sign is the easiest of the three to figure out. It’s just based on the day of your birth.
While the exact end and start dates change depending on leap years, here are the dates of each of the zodiac signs. If you fall on a start or end date, check the specific calendar from the year you were born.
- Aries Dates: March 21 – April 19
- Taurus Dates: April 20 – May 20
- Gemini Dates: May 21 – June 20
- Cancer Dates: June 21 – July 22
- Leo Dates: July 23 – August 22
- Virgo Dates: August 23 – September 22
- Libra Dates: September 23 – October 22
- Scorpio Dates: October 23 – November 21
- Sagittarius Dates: November 22 – December 21
- Capricorn Dates: December 21 – January 20
- Aquarius Dates: January 21 – February 18
- Pisces Dates: February 19 – March 20
Aries Zodiac Careers
Dates: March 21 – April 19
Aries are some of the boldest personalities of the zodiac. They are brave, willing to take risks, and have a bunch of energy. They tend towards extroversion, which would be great for a client-facing role. They love travel and challenges, so sitting behind a desk all day will not be the right choice for them.
Here are some jobs an Aries could tackle that will fulfill their sense of adventure.
- Pilot: You’re excited by the possibilities of world travel, and aren’t afraid to take on the responsibility of getting your passengers to their destination safely.
- Lawyer: You like a challenge, so you’re willing to take on the tough cases and take risks along the way.
Taurus Zodiac Careers
Dates: April 20 – May 20
A Taurus is known for their intelligence, diligence, and compassion. They want the best for everyone and are well known for being more of a giver than a taker. They find solutions based on intellect and use their calm, cool head to think logically.
Here are some jobs that would work well for a compassionate thinker.
- Non-profit director: You want to make the world a better place, and you also have the rational thinking skills to make the best decisions for your non-profit.
- Therapist or life coach: Your compassion gives you the ability to see the best in people and your logic gives you the ability to offer advice that will get them there.
Gemini Zodiac Careers
Dates: May 21 – June 20
A Gemini’s true nature is the most difficult to determine of all the signs. They are known as chameleons and will change their life’s direction on a whim. They like a sense of adventure to keep things interesting.
They need a job that is dynamic, challenging, and exciting.
- Crisis communication expert: Being in the public relations field requires a lot of determination and cleverness, and putting out PR fires requires quick thinking and a steady head.
- Reporter: A Gemini isn’t afraid to get in the middle of the action. Whether they’re reporting in a war zone or weather emergency, they’re ready to go live and get the scoop.
Cancer Zodiac Careers
Dates: June 21 – July 22
Cancers are extremely emotional individuals. They are caring, compassionate, and want the best for everyone.
A Cancer should be in a position where they are offering care and nurturing to others, particularly children.
- Pediatrician: A young child who is scared of the doctor’s office will be comforted by such an empathetic caregiver.
- Teacher: Students will be lucky to have someone who cares so much about their wellbeing and education.
Leo Zodiac Careers
Dates: July 23 – August 22
A Leo is one of the best signs for a leader. They are brave, bold, daring, energetic, and willing to take risks. They stand up for the people on their team and people around them are empowered by their energy and drive.
Leos should be in positions of power, where they can thrive as a leader, no matter how small or big the team is.
- Entrepreneur or franchise owner: Being their own boss and managing a team would be an exciting challenge for a Leo.
- Outdoor adventure education leader: If you want to be a leader outside of an office, leading people on ropes courses or serving as a park ranger could be an exciting, adventurous challenge.
Virgo Zodiac Careers
Dates: August 23 – September 22
A Virgo is a known perfectionist and level-headed person. They look at problems logically and keep their cool under pressure. They’re motivated and talented enough to achieve their goals, and also care about helping other people.
Here are some positions where a Virgo can do both of those things.
- Fundraising executive: Being a fundraiser for a non-profit is an extremely difficult task that involves a lot of number crunching, creative brainstorming, and passionate commitment.
- Accountant: Your attention to detail and passion for helping people can help you navigate the numbers to help people manage their money effectively and get the biggest tax return possible.
Libra Zodiac Careers
Dates: September 23 – October 22
Libras are known for striving to achieve balance in all aspects of their life. They are the diplomats who bring balance to relationships and organizers that bring balance to a living space. They are the peacekeepers and the compromisers who try to make sure everyone is happy.
- Warehouse manager: Not only do you get to lead a team, but you also get to dictate the organizational strategy.
- Diplomat or negotiator: As someone who can see both sides of a situation, you can have empathy for both sides of a conflict. You can advocate for a compromise that makes both sides happy.
Scorpio Zodiac Careers
Dates: October 23 – November 21
Scorpios have an intensity about them that cannot be quelled. You take your job seriously and form deep attachments with those you deem worthy of your affection.
Because of this intense passion, you should pursue a job you can pour that enthusiasm into.
- Veterinarian: If one of the things you’re passionate about is animals, dedicate your career to giving them the best lives possible.
- Firefighter: There’s nothing more intense than saving lives from a burning building. You can use your intensity to combat the flames and rescue people trapped inside.
Sagittarius Zodiac Careers
Dates: November 22 – December 21
A Sagittarius is calm, independent, compassionate, and smart. Your intelligence will bring you far in life, and you don’t rely on anyone to give you purpose. You’re driven and will excel in a position that is self-directed.
- Researcher: Whether you’re passionate about chemistry or archeology, you’d thrive in an environment where it’s just you and your discipline, discovering secrets of the universe.
- Freelancer: Your organization and ability to self-start gives you the tools to work from home and be your own boss. You could be anything from a freelance design engineer to a photographer. As long as you’re passionate about your discipline, you’re sure to succeed in a self-directed environment.
Capricorn Zodiac Careers
Dates: December 21 – January 20
Capricorns are some of the hardest working people on the job. They believe in the power of a job well-done and are extremely thorough.
- Inspector: You leave no stone unturned. Whether you’re doing an audit of a company or inspecting a home, you will not stop until you’ve addressed everything on your list.
- Au Pair: What job has more responsibility than caring for kids? You’ll make sure that they never miss an appointment, are always well-cared for, and have a good time while they’re around you.
Aquarius Zodiac Careers
Dates: January 21 – February 18
An Aquarius is fueled by their idealism and quirky personality. Their head is filled with creative ideas on how to make the world a better place, and they’re always willing to look at a problem from a brand new angle to find a solution no one would have ever considered.
- Artist: No matter what your medium is, you’ll enjoy making pieces that center around the topic of social justice. Your art will make a statement and get people talking about the issues important to you.
- Professor: You’re here to get your students involved in deep discussion and solve problems in both the humanities and the sciences.
Pisces Zodiac Careers
Dates: February 19 – March 20
A Pisces uses their creativity, generosity, and compassion for others to motivate their actions. They need a position where they know that the work they do will help the most people.
- Director of a shelter: Whether you’re housing battered women or offering a halfway house for people recovering from substance addiction, you will be working with populations that need a helping hand and a kind heart.
- Kindergarten teacher: Kindergarten is where students learn to love or hate school, which informs the rest of their academic career. Having you as a teacher will inspire them to achieve and also give them something to look forward to every day.
Finding the Career That’s Right for You
Ultimately, whatever career makes you happy is the one that’s right for you. These suggestions are just a fun way to think about options that might fit your personality. If the options listed don’t interest you, try looking at the options under your moon or rising sign. Maybe there you’ll find the perfect career that speaks to you.
If you’re looking to explore new options or take your career to the next level, join WBD! We have the tools to help you excel, no matter what career you choose. Check out what we have to offer today!Published in