Those born between April 20 and May 20 fall under the Taurus sign. Some people believe that the date, time, and place you were born impacts the person you will become.
Even if you don’t subscribe to zodiac ideology, looking at the traits common for your zodiac sign can help you self-reflect on your life, your priorities, and who you want to become.
Even if everything you read pertaining to your sign is something you don’t see in yourself, that choice to reflect on who you are will get you closer to understanding yourself.
Let’s dive deep into what makes a Taurus a Taurus and what are the typical traits you can expect to possess with this zodiac sign.
Understanding the Sun Sign
The most common sign of the zodiac is the sun sign. This is because the most basic horoscopes only require the one sign and you need the least information to figure out that sign. Of the three, it also gives the widest scope of your personality. Apart from the sun sign, you have your moon and rising sign.
Knowing all three gives you a much more nuanced look into who you are as an individual, including who you are on the inside and the mask you present to the world. To know all three, you need your date of birth, time of birth, and the location of your birth.
The Sun Sign, Moon Sign, and Rising Sign
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. The date, time, and location of your birth determines this sign.
Sometimes you don’t really resonate with what your sun sign tells you; that’s okay! That’s why there are three different signs to take a look at. Focus on the one that you feel best represents who you are.
The Taurus Sun Sign
The bull constellation is represented by the Taurus symbol.
The Taurus is an Earth sign, along with Virgo and Capricorn. Earth signs are known for being grounded and sure, which differs from the water signs, which go with the flow and follow the current, like a drop in a river.
People born under the Taurus sign treasure stability and enjoy the certainty of a secure life. You can not easily sway their heart to accept new ideas or philosophies as they do not like change.
This means they flourish when rooted in one place or in an atmosphere of certainty. When it comes to uprooting them from their lives or making a significant change, they become extremely uncomfortable.
Taurus and Aquarius
An Aquarius would be compatible with Taurus as an astrological sign because while they also are a fixed sign, they are an air sign. They will stay rooted in some thoughts, but they are willing to let their minds float among the clouds.
A Taurus will keep them grounded, while an Aquarius will open their mind to possibilities they never considered. This pairing could create successful long-term relationships since they have similarities but also have complementing differences.
One of the classic Taurus traits is intelligence. Don’t be surprised to see a Taurus ruling the office, because they have the smarts and the passion for maintaining the stability required to lead successfully.
A Taurus zodiac sign enjoys the finer things in life. Once they become accustomed to a certain lifestyle, they will feel uncomfortable leaving it. They love beauty and money, so don’t be surprised if they have a passion for high-end art.
Those that fall under the Taurus sign are ruled by Venus, the planet of love, so even though they love stability, don’t be surprised if they have a penchant for passion.
Taurus Personality Traits
If you are born under this sign, you most likely identify with these core Taurus personality traits:
- Intelligent: A Taurus, above all, is smart. They don’t make rash decisions and they make rational, thoughtful choices.
- Responsible: If something important needs to get done, trust a Taurus. They will never let you down if you put something important within their care.
- Stubborn: A Taurus does not like change. They cultivate a life and environment that makes them comfortable and they do not like expanding beyond this comfort. They don’t want to experience change, if they can help it.
- Dedicated: A Taurus cares deeply about their jobs, their responsibilities, and the people around them. They work hard in every facet of life.
- Persevering: A Taurus is prepared to overcome any obstacle on their way to success. There isn’t a problem they can’t solve with their intelligence and tenacity.
- Honest: A Taurus respects truthfulness, even if it might hurt them. An honest, open environment is something they rely on to keep themselves stable.
Love And Relationships
People born under the Taurus sign are loyal and faithful, which is why they appreciate a partner who takes the same approach. When it comes to relationships, balance is vital. They need both give and take in order to make things work long-term.
A Taurus is not looking for one-night stands or casual flings; they want something with real potential, even if they are stuck in their ways. They want to be comfortable and they expect their partner to give them the space they need so long as honor is upheld between them both.
Declarations of love are an important part of the relationship for a Taurus, because once they find someone who makes them feel secure, they will never let go. The best way to win a Taurus’ heart is to show them that their love is reciprocated.
Career and Money
A Taurus is a very determined person, always striving to be the best that they can be in their career and overall life. Work ethic is strong, which means they expect their partner to have a similar work ethic. They don’t want someone who sleeps all day or shirks responsibility; they want someone who has ambition, just like them.
They do not care about making money for the sake of riches; they crave success and happiness in their work life. If their job is unfulfilling or if it holds no sense of purpose, then a Taurus will start to feel unhappy. Having a career that makes them feel good about themselves is vital to their personal success.
The Taurus Sign Is the Sign of Stability
If you want someone dependable in the office or in a relationship, you’re looking for a Taurus. They are passionate about keeping things balanced and stable. If you have a difficult job or problem you need to solve, you can trust a Taurus to use their intelligence and determination to make sure it gets resolved.
Every office should have a Taurus. They keep things orderly and stable, which is great for reversing a toxic work environment. Are you a Taurus sign looking to use your skills to further your career? Check out WBD!
We’re here to help you use the skills you were born with to take you further in your career. Check out our membership page to see what we’re all about!Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.