If you’re lucky, you have someone with which you have a ride or die relationship: someone you’ll stick with to the very end. Whenever you read ride or die quotes, you think of them.
And when you need someone to bail you out in your darkest hour, you always know to call them first. They celebrate with you during the good times and comfort you on your bad days. You have a ride or die, whether you fail or fly.
Here’s the breakdown on the true meaning of a ride or die, along with ride or die quotes and memes for you and your bestie.
What Does ‘Ride or Die’ Mean?
Lots of people may call themselves your friend, but your ride or die chick will give it to you straight. They will be honest when you need to hear the truth, support you when you need to be lifted up, and stand by your side when the going gets tough.
They’re the friend you can always rely on, regardless of the situation. They’ve got your back, and you’ve got theirs. The real ride or die meaning lies in true friends that will follow you on whatever journey life takes you.
Every single day, they’re there to stay.
The most important part of being a part of a ride or die relationship is being there for your friend. If you want 110% from your friend, you need to give 110% right back. It’s not always easy to offer that support when they’re going through a tough time.
But it’s rewarding to know you can be there in such a deep way for others, and that support you get from them? It’s unparalleled.
It’s a relationship you can never replace.
Ride or Die Quotes
There are a lot of ride or die quotes out there that are perfect to send to your bestie. A lot of these quotes are perfect to put up on your wall to remind you to search for those who support you and to support them in return.
We love quotes that remind us of our worth and our mission to support others!
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.” ― Gee Linder
- “Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.” ― Helen Keller
- “If you fall, I’ll pick you up. If not, I will lay down with you.” ― Julio Cortazar
- “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” ― Swedish Proverb
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ― William Shakespeare
- “I’ll roll with you till the wheels fall off.” ― Anonymous
Our Favorite Ride or Die Friendship Quotes
- “Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.” ― Karen Salmansohn
- “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” ― George Shinn
- “There’s nothing more vital to the bond you share with someone than simply being there for them.” ― Suman Rai
- “You don’t build a bond without being present.” ― James Earl Jones
- “There is freedom waiting for you, / On the breezes of the sky, / And you ask “What if I fall?” / Oh but my darling, / What if you fly?” ― Erin Hanson
- “A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.” ― Shannon l. Alder
- “Everyone needs a support system, be it family, friends, coworkers, therapists, or religious leaders. We cannot do life alone and expect to keep mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Everyone needs some sort of support system on which to rely.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
Ride or Die Memes
When there’s a new phrase, there’s a new source of memes. Here are some of our favorites when it comes to ride or die memes.
1. We’re better together.
2. BFFs don’t let BFFs text their ex.
3. Ride or die support their ride or dies.
4. My ride or die has a Ph.D. in helping me through my BS.
5. BFFs hype up BFFs on Instagram. Period.
6. Hey. Hi. I missed you.
7. We are both royalty. Bow down to the queens.
8. Um, excuse me, that’s my BFF. Back off.
9. Okay…maybe I’m not always ride or die.
You Only Find a Ride or Die When You Are a Ride or Die
Most people want a ride or die. But are you ready to be a ride or die for others?
You receive the energy you put out into the universe. When you support women around you, you’re bound to receive support back.
Be there for women when they succeed and when they fail. Find the women who say “your battle is my battle, we fight together.”
The important part is finding a woman that not only will support you at rock bottom, but will help you pull your way back up to success. They will be there for you in the same way during a failure and a celebration. Real friends are there for you always.
We hope these ride or die quotes help inspire you and your bestie to continue supporting each other!
And if you’re looking for a ride or die, start your search at WBD. We have a community of women designed to lift each other up. If you check out our forums, you might just find a support system you can’t replace. Download our app and join today!Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.