While many are familiar with the sun or zodiac sign, the moon and rising signs help round out your understanding of yourself. The moon sign helps uncover who you are inwardly and what you express when nobody’s watching. If your zodiac sign reveals who you were born to become, your moon sign gives insight into who you are now.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common traits for someone born under a Cancer moon.
As a quick review, there are three primary signs: your sun (or zodiac), moon, and rising (or ascendant) sign. These three signs work together to describe different facets of your personality, giving you a more well-rounded view of yourself.
For example, two people born as Libras could have completely different personalities since they could have different moon and rising signs. Since these two signs get into the specifics of your motivations, thoughts, and feelings, they help shape the personality you get from your sun sign.
As the moon sign has two to three-day phases, rather than 40 days like the sun, two people born three days apart could have completely different moon signs but the same sun sign of Cancer.
- Sun Sign: This is the zodiac sign most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
The Cancer Moon
People who were born under the Cancer moon are very in touch with their emotions. They’re sensitive to changes and are generally introverted. They enjoy their alone time and appreciate getting to know themselves.
As the moon sign pertains to the inward self, someone with this sign is even more introspective than someone who has Cancer as their sun sign.
This sign not only enjoys getting to know themselves but the people they keep close as well. While they are introverted and don’t generally go beyond their inner circle, they are extremely loyal and faithful to those they deem close.
Once you’re a friend with a Cancer moon, you’ve got a friend for life. They are extremely protective of themselves and the people they love and will make hard sacrifices if they believe it will help their friends.
Their caring nature can sometimes get the best of them. Since they’re so willing to make sacrifices for others, they need someone in their friend group who will also support them in a similar manner.
Their hearts are tender and easily broken, so they protect themselves by waiting to reveal their intimate identities until they decide they want to forge a deep relationship with someone.
Because they are so in touch with their own and other’s emotions, they have a keen sense of intuition and can feel what other people are feeling. Some Cancer moons can be considered empaths for their ability to hone in on other people’s feelings.
They can even see through facades that people put up to hide their true emotions from others. They’re so good at reading other people that someone might mistake them for a psychic.
While they do tend towards introversion, they can turn on an outgoing façade. They can treat new people with charm and are great at making a first impression. They also tend to be funny, which also helps create their likable character during initial interactions.
Cancer moons are extremely creative people. They express the emotions they guard through different forms of art. Whether or not they share their creations with others is up to how outgoing and trusting they feel that day.
Lastly, Cancer is a water element sign and a cardinal sign. Cardinal signs start out each season, so this sign enjoys starting new things.
Cancer Moon Personality Traits
Here is a quick overview of some of the sign of cancer’s most noteworthy traits.
- Sensitive: This person is generally an empath and guards their heart from acquaintances. They are very in touch with their emotions and can sense what the people around them are also feeling.
- Introverted: This person prefers to spend time alone getting to know themselves better. Because they are hyper-aware of other people’s emotions, it becomes exhausting to spend too much time around strangers. They recuperate their energy by being alone or with their closest friends.
- Compassionate: This person treats others with kindness and care. They’re nice to people they just met, but they have a servant’s heart for those they deem extremely close.
- Loyal: This person slowly lets people into their inner circle, but once they’re close with someone, they are faithful and true to the end.
- Creative: This person expresses their guarded emotions through whatever artistic expression calls out to them.
- Funny: This person is quick-witted and not afraid to crack jokes around friends and people they’ve just met.
- Charming: This person is truly a delight to meet. They turn on the charm around new people to mimic an outgoing personality, even if they’d rather be home spending time with themselves.
Full Moon in Cancer
When looking at what sign is in full moon, take note that the solar sign will be the opposite. Make sure you take a look at your sun sign to see if you’ll be feeling any conflicting emotions due to the opposite signs in power.
When most people think of a full moon, it conjures images of spiraling, erratic emotional intensity, and crazed thinking. Our emotions are heightened and any traits we have from our moon sign are accentuated.
However, a full moon cycle doesn’t bring these unstable emotions for a Cancer moon. A full moon is known for bringing clarity and revealing new truths for this sign.
People with the Cancer sign are known to experience positive energy and are more open to learning valuable lessons in this time. They will feel deeply tied to their home and family and will feel compelled to fulfill domestic duties like chores or crafting a homemade meal.
They’ll feel introspective in the home and might feel compelled to document these thoughts in a journal. All of this self-discovery might become overwhelming, so calming activities like drinking tea and meditating can help you process these emotions and thoughts.
The Most Loyal of All Moon Signs
Cancer people must be cared for by their friends because of their sensitive souls. They’re worth the time investment because once you enter their inner circle, you have a fast, faithful friend for life.
When starting a difficult conversation with a Cancer moon, make sure you approach them on their terms. Ensure that they have the emotional availability to receive difficult news and bring up the subject gently, as to not upset their sensitive nature.
When you make friends with a Cancer moon, you’re sure to enjoy their kind hearts, funny personality, compassionate loyalty, and unique charm.
- Service Animals and ESAs: Know Your Rights in the Workplace - October 21, 2021
- Earth Signs of the Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn - October 20, 2021
- The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair: Our Top 6 Picks - October 19, 2021