Want to learn more about your zodiac sign? If you were born between November 22 and December 21, then you’re a Sagittarius. But what does having the Sagittarius sign mean for you and your life? Learning more about your sign could tell you more about what you should include in your self-care routine, what career you would excel in, or even what pet you should get!
We’re going to explore the most common traits and characteristics of a classic Sagittarius. Maybe you’ll discover more about yourself and your personality as we take a look at what makes a textbook Sagittarius tick.
Understanding the Sun Sign
If you’re just getting acquainted with your zodiac sign, you might not know that there are actually three major signs you need to know. They each correspond with a different part of your identity, and they help to give a more well-rounded perspective on who you are both inwardly and outwardly.
In order to figure out all three, you’ll need your birth date, time of birth, and location of your birth. Knowing exactly what time and place you came into the world are crucial to pinpointing your three signs.
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
Once you know all three signs, you can get a more detailed analysis of yourself. While it’s easy to learn just the sun sign, since you only need the most generalized information to determine it, to truly get a full understanding of yourself, you need all three.
The Sagittarius Sun Sign
The symbol of a Sagittarius is the famous centaur Chiron with his infamous bow and arrow. Even though centaurs were known for representing the wild side of humanity, Chiron was known for his intelligence and strength. Like Chiron, you have a wild side that you keep tame with your thoughtful and contemplative nature.
Along with Aries and Leo, a Sagittarius is a fire sign. Therefore, you will be known for your passion and zest for life. You have a light and a dark side, but you balance them well. The Sagittarius ruling planet is Jupiter: the biggest planet in the solar system.
As a Sagittarius, you are happiest when you are independent and free. You forge your own path and don’t let others’ limiting beliefs hold you back. You thrive on your own, but you also make an excellent friend to those you let into your life. You connect with other fun-loving free spirits and enjoy going out on adventures with them. You can become bored easily, so it’s always good to have another adventure planned for the future so you can look forward to it. You have a curious sense of wonder that leads you to discover more about the world and your place in it. You use this curiosity as you find solutions to problems.
You have intelligence, both to help you succeed in the office, but also emotional intelligence to understand those around you. This emotional intelligence might mean you are a natural empath. You use both intelligences to create solutions to the problems others are experiencing. This skill could make you an excellent therapist or counselor. Because of your independence, you won’t become emotionally drained or fatigued from dealing with a variety of patients.
In the office, everyone wants you to be a part of your team. You are dependable, intelligent, and everyone can trust you to get the job done well. As an independent soul, you might have difficulty agreeing on certain issues and sharing the work, but ultimately, your contributions outweigh any disagreements that might occur. Knowing that you have a tendency to rely on yourself can give you the self-awareness to actively listen and consider other people’s ideas. Your emotional intelligence will give you the power to overcome this tendency.
You have a passion for telling the truth and keeping the people around you honest. You cultivate a truthful atmosphere, which helps keep the air clear in the office and in a friend group.
Sagittarius Sign Traits
As a Sagittarius, you likely identify most strongly with these traits:
- Loyal: Once you find your people, you’ll stay by their side through thick and thin. You are a valued friend.
- Intelligent: You’re both emotionally and practically intelligent. You use these skills to excel in the office and become a trusted friend.
- Kind: Even though you are okay on your own, you are kind to everyone in your circle. You’re a good friend and good colleague, and generally pleasant to be around.
- Sophisticated: You have a philosophical sense of the world and like to have deep conversations. Be careful that your musings don’t come across as pretentious or condescending.
- Independent: While you are a treasured friend, you don’t depend on anyone. You are free-spirited and ready to forge your own path.
- Sense of honesty: Not only are you an honest person, you have a keen sense of when others are being truthful. You help keep other people honest.
The Sign of Independence
Do you identify with this sign of the zodiac? Do your friends consider you close, but you’re okay with flying solo? Are you intelligent in the office and talented at understanding others’ emotions? As a Sagittarius, you have a prosperous career ahead of you. You’ll be valued in whatever work setting you choose to pursue. If you want to use the traits of your Sagittarius Zodiac sign to advance your career, WBD is here to help. We want to help you discover a career you love and grow as a professional, so join us today!
- Service Animals and ESAs: Know Your Rights in the Workplace - October 21, 2021
- Earth Signs of the Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn - October 20, 2021
- The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair: Our Top 6 Picks - October 19, 2021