Your employees make your business successful; without their hard work, the company simply would not function. Writing thoughtful notes can make them feel that appreciation, but it can be hard to come up with good employee appreciation quotes.
If you struggle to find the right words to say to thank them for their hard work, we’ve got some inspiration for you. Here are some great quotes to include in a thoughtful note to your employees, whether it’s a promotion or work anniversary.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for a Promotion or Raise
When an employee receives a promotion or raise, it gives you the perfect time to express how appreciative you are of their good work. While getting a bigger paycheck goes further to show your appreciation for your great employee, a card with a thoughtful note would be the cherry on top.
Here are some employee appreciation quotes to include in a “congratulations for your promotion” card.
- You’ve worked tirelessly to get where you are now. Your outstanding performance inspires everyone in the office. Congratulations on this well-deserved opportunity.
- We hope you’re proud of how much your dedication has paid off. Congratulations, and keep up the excellent work and positive attitude.
- You’ve proven to every team member how talent combined with great work pays off. Thank you for showing everyone that with work and dedication, doors will open up for you.
- We can’t wait to watch you tackle the new challenges you face as a part of our team. Congratulations, and we look forward to continuing to be a part of this journey for you.
- You’re on your way to climbing the ladder of success in this company. Well done on showing an amazing work ethic and getting to where you are today.
- Take the time to celebrate your success. You’ve truly earned this opportunity with your great work.
- We couldn’t think of a better person to receive this promotion. We can’t wait to see you flourish in this position.
- You give every opportunity your all, and we can’t wait to watch you put your special touch on this role.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Outstanding Performance
Every company goes through ups and downs. Some seasons are more stressful than others for different jobs. In retail, those winter holiday months take their toll. And as an accountant, tax return season causes a lot of stress. If your employee is giving their all when the going gets tough, write them a card to show your appreciation. They’ll be glad to know that someone recognizes their efforts.
- This month was an immense challenge, but we’ve pulled it off thanks to your hard work, attention to detail, and you always being a team player. We are forever grateful to you for helping us overcome the challenges and paving the way forward. All of our employees feel you are a valuable part of this company.
- Thanks to you, we took a huge step forward as a company. We want to express gratitude for your role in making this happen. Congratulations, and thank you for a job well done.
- You accepted the challenge and overcame all the obstacles along the way. Well done on your accomplishment; it was truly inspiring to see how far you raise the bar here at our company.
- Your hard work does not go unnoticed. We’ve seen you give this project your all, and no one can deny your incredible results. Thank you for your commitment to this company and our workplace culture.
- We know how hard this time of year is for our employees. Despite all that, we see you working hard to not only get your work done, but keep everyone’s spirits high. Our company sees success because we have people like you on our team.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Retirement or Quitting
Employees rarely stay with one company forever. Whether they’re retiring or leaving the job for a new opportunity, it’s tactful to thank them for their time and give them the employee recognition they deserve. Here are some employee appreciation quotes to include on those cards.
- We cannot find the words to tell you how much we enjoyed your time here at this company. You will be dearly missed by all.
- Employees come and go, but there are a special few that we will never forget. Your sense of humor and dedication make you one of them.
- We are so honored to be one-stop on your journey. Thank you for giving us your talents and time. We can’t wait to see where you go next.
- Your dedication, positive attitude, and hard work have helped this business and the company culture grow. We will forever be grateful and wish you the best in your new position.
- Wherever you go next, we hope they know just how lucky they are to have you. We certainly knew how lucky we were.
- Your replacement has big shoes to fill. We can’t wait for them to try them on for size.
- While the next person who takes your job can fill the position, they can never replace you.
- You’ve worked hard to get to where you are today. We hope you truly enjoy every moment of retirement. You’ve earned it.
Show Appreciation with More than a Card
While cards can make a great start to show employee appreciation, it isn’t enough. Of course, not every business has the power to give everyone big bonuses. But if the CEO gets significant performance incentives or bonuses when the company flourishes, the employees that make that success happen should see a piece of that reward as well. A thank you card or pizza party comes across as hollow when the higher ups make tens of thousands (if not millions or billions) more than the employees.
If you’re running a small business on really small margins, you can give back to your employees in other ways. Cards with employee appreciation quotes are a good place to start, but make sure you support your employees in other ways as well.
If an employee goes through a rough time due to illness or a loss in the family, do everything you can to support them as a boss. When an employee needs extra hours to make ends meet, make sure they get those hours. Be the boss you wish you had when you worked at their level. Make sure that Employee Appreciation Day isn’t one day of thanks, but an attitude you keep as a boss all year round.Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.