Even someone with the most basic awareness of astrology knows their sun sign; the zodiac sign is the easiest to determine and the most commonly used in basic horoscopes.
But did you know that your moon sign could give you a more well-rounded interpretation of who you truly are? If you or someone you know was born under a Virgo moon, this article might give you a clearer interpretation of your true self as a sign of Virgo than what your sun sign tells you.
Understanding the Moon Sign
So why is your moon sign so revealing?
Let’s first cover the basics. You have three signs based on your birth chart: sun, moon, and rising. You determine each of them based on the date, time, and location of your birth. They each correspond to a different facet of your personality.
- Sun Sign: This is the zodiac sign most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
Since the moon sign represents who you are inward, who you are when you’re alone, and the parts of yourself you only reveal to those closest to you, it can be argued that it is the most authentic version of yourself. The sun sign shows who you are on the path to becoming; the moon sign shows who you intuitively are.
This self is most clearly expressed in children. Young children have not yet learned the art of keeping pieces of themselves from the world. Children are unabashedly themselves, as they haven’t yet developed a filter and don’t understand general social conventions.
We lose that authenticity when we grow older, but when we get close enough to those around us, we reveal that we still have that childlike spirit and sense of freedom working behind the scenes.
The Virgo Moon
So now that we understand the significance of the moon sign, what does this mean for someone born with the moon in Virgo?
The Virgo moon sign is one of practicality and organization. Virgos thrive under a structured system, whether this structure is external or self-imposed.
Structure gives them a comforting framework that makes them feel safe, while a chaotic environment makes them extremely uncomfortable.
They thrive in jobs that require extreme attention to detail and repetition. They enjoy being in control of an organizational structure and are content to work in a simple job that makes them happy.
They don’t need to constantly climb the corporate ladder when they already found a job that brings them joy.
Virgo falls under the category of an Earth sign, but it’s also a Mutable sign. Earth signs are grounded and constant, so a mutable sign, which strives for change and adaptation, seems like a contradiction.
At first glance, it seems it would make more sense for a Mutable sign to be paired with a fire sign or water sign, like Scorpio. However, the combination of these signs means that they will continue pursuing the same tasks, but will constantly be looking for ways to improve their process until they find the perfect system or method.
Virgo is a service sign, which means Virgo moons love to carry out tasks on behalf of others. This could manifest in a professional form, such as acting as someone’s personal assistant, or in their personal lives when they volunteer to help a friend.
If the friend isn’t quite as organized as the Virgo moon, this help might be seen as meddling or nagging, but the Virgo’s heart is dedicated to the goal of helping their friend as much as possible. In their mind, the organizational systems they use works for them, so of course it will be helpful to their friend as well.
However, Virgos should beware of people taking advantage of this servant’s heart. People will manipulate those who offer assistance while asking for nothing in return. Make sure you only offer your help to causes you truly care about or people who won’t take advantage of you.
Virgo Moon Traits
When you’re born under a Virgo moon, you can expect to exhibit certain traits.
- Organized: You thrive in an environment where everything has its place. You feel a sense of control when you take a disorganized space and turn it into a functioning, well-oiled machine.
- Helpful: With your servant’s heart, you want to offer assistance to friends and coworkers. Just make sure the other person is receptive to your help and won’t take advantage of your kindness.
- Compassionate: You want to do all you can to help those around you. You want them to feel the peace you feel when surrounded by a calm, organized environment.
- Particular: You are sensitive to things that are out of balance. You like things a certain way and will do everything in your power to make sure things happen according to your plan.
- Detail-Oriented: You’re extremely keen on remembering and attending to details. You believe the small things matter and you want to make sure they are accounted for.
Full Moon in Virgo
During a full moon of a certain sign, you can expect to feel an increased intensity of the traits that come with that sign.
During this time, make sure you have a clear routine to stick with. If you have a chaotic week, you’re going to feel a more intense feeling of distress without a sense of organization and control.
Try meal planning with clean foods, stick to a schedule, and make a to-do list so you don’t feel overwhelmed. Accomplishing tasks and marking them off your list will give you a sense of satisfaction and control.
Make sure you choose to spend time with people who also appreciate organization. Your desire to help people become more organized will be enhanced as your sensitivity to chaos is heightened.
If your friend doesn’t want this help you’re offering, it could evolve into a fight, which will further exacerbate your discomfort.
The Organized Sign
Lean into your strengths and pursue a career where your attention to detail, organization, and servant’s heart is valued. Surround yourself with friends who appreciate your willingness to be the organizer for group trips and outings. Love yourself by keeping your space neat, as this will help your home feel sacred and calming.
If you’re looking for a community of businesswomen who will value your organizational nature, offering practical advice to use your sign to the best of its abilities, join WBD today! We’ll help you pursue a dream job where you get to flourish as the detail-oriented individual you are as a Virgo moon.
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.