Learning more about your sun sign can be an exciting way to know yourself in a more meaningful way. Even if you are a Pisces and don’t identify with all the traits of a Pisces sign, the act of self reflection will lead you to illuminating realizations about yourself. If you were born between February 19 and March 20, your sun sign is Pisces. Let’s take a look at some of the most common traits of the twelfth and final sign of the zodiac.
Understanding the Sun Sign
When taking a look at the zodiac signs, some people only know about their sun sign. Not everyone takes the time to analyze their moon and rising sign. This oversight leads to a narrow view of the self, as the moon and rising signs explain different parts of your personality to give you a more well rounded sense of who you are and who you are going to become. The sun sign is the easiest to figure out, since you only need your birthday. To know all three, you need your date of birth, place of birth, and time of birth.
Knowing the exact place and time you arrived in the world will give you a better sense of who you were born to be. Let’s break down what each of these signs mean and how to figure them out.
- Sun Sign: These are the zodiac signs most people are familiar with. This sign gives a basic understanding of who you are and is determined by the date of your birth.
- Moon Sign: This sign reveals who you are internally at your core and how you feel emotionally: the parts of yourself you don’t openly share with the world. You determine this sign through the date and time of your birth on your natal chart.
- Ascendant, or Rising Sign: This sign reveals the exterior façade you show the world. It’s the mask you wear before you feel comfortable enough to reveal what your moon sign says about you. This is determined by the date, time, and location of your birth.
If the description of your sun sign doesn’t really resonate with you, try determining your moon and rising sign. Looking at all your zodiac signs together might give you a more accurate reading on who you are on the inside and the mask you wear on the outside.
The Pisces Sun Sign
Pisces are known for their creativity and imagination. They live for creative expression and will come up with artistic solutions to common problems.
Like a river that flows in whatever direction the path leads it, a Pisces will adapt and change to the world around it. This is part of its characteristics as a mutable sign. Of the earth signs, Virgo is mutable, and for air signs, Gemini is mutable. Sagittarius is the mutable fire sign. Which element they identify with will shape the way they adapt to the world around them. Their empathy drives this mutability. They are willing to adjust their lives to help support those around them. Pisces feel deeply for other people and want to live their lives in a way that brings the most peace and happiness to those around them.
Romantically, Pisces compatibility aligns best with Capricorn, Cancer, Leo, and Taurus, but they’re so loving that they can make it work with just about any sign if they care about them enough. A Pisces personality is grounded in love.
Pisces Sign Traits
As a Pisces, you likely identify most strongly with these traits:
- Empathetic: You care deeply about the feelings of others, and you always want to help them. You have a bleeding heart and have a lot of compassion.
- Creative: You think of new, innovative solutions to complex problems. A Pisces rules at expressing themselves through their art.
- Generous: You give everything you have to others. You’d offer the shirt off your back if someone asked. Make sure you remember to care for yourself and don’t give away all you have, both emotionally and physically.
- Emotional: You are deeply in touch with your emotions, but your tendency to feel your emotions too deeply can be your downfall. You have difficulty not taking things personally.
- Fickle: You’re constantly changing and easily swayed by others. You trust others and will quickly take their side, even before you hear the other party’s perspective. You might be passionate about donating money to school supply funds at your local district one moment, but as soon as you hear Sarah McLachlan on the TV, you’re donating to the ASPCA.
The Sign of Empathy
As a Pisces, you use your creative compassion to make the world a better place for others. You want to build a better world, and you will use your ingenuity to come up with solutions no one has ever considered before.
With the Pisces sign as your guide, you will flourish in a career where you can use your love for others to drive your decisions. If you’re looking for a community of women ready to assist you in advancing your career, WBD is here to help. We want to help you discover a career you love and grow as a professional, so join us today!Published in
Author, Artist, Photographer.
Sarah Margaret is an artist who expresses her love for feminism, equality, and justice through a variety of mediums: photography, filmmaking, poetry, illustration, song, acting, and of course, writing.
She owns Still Poetry Photography, a company that showcases her passion for capturing poetic moments in time. Instead of poetry in motion, she captures visual poetry in fractions of a second, making cherished keepsakes of unforgettable moments.
She is the artist behind the Still Poetry Etsy shop, which houses her illustrations and bespoke, handmade items. She is the author of intricacies are just cracks in the wall, a narrative poetry anthology that follows a young woman discovering herself as she emerges from an abusive relationship.