In astrology, the moon sign represents your emotional self. It pertains to aspects of your life that are hidden – your anxieties, goals, and longings – as well as those things you’d rather not face.
The Capricorn moon is ruled by Saturn, the planet of karma. But this isn’t karma-as-we-usually-think-of it – some past life misdeed that catches up with us in our current life. Instead, Capricorns’ karma is the result of how they approach their responsibilities.
Those born with a Capricorn moon feel a responsibility to set an example for others. And they also model the behaviors they expect from those around them. If you’ve ever worked with one of these individuals before, you’ll know that they hold themselves to an extremely high standard.
Their standard is often higher than they hold anyone else. They’re aware that this makes it difficult for people to live up to their standards, but that doesn’t change the fact they’ll hold you to it anyway.
When you were born, the sun, moon, and stars were in a particular alignment in the sky. This alignment, along with the place and time you were born, helps to define your birth chart (or natal chart) as well as your rising sign, sun sign, and moon sign. All of these pieces work together to describe who you are according to the stars.
Your moon sign is determined by the position of the Moon at your birth. To figure out your moon sign, you must first know the day, time, and place of your birth. According to astrologers, this sign paints a depth portrait of your personality – showcasing your true feelings and self.
Because the moon changes phase every two to three days, people born two to three days apart may be very different, despite having the same sun sign.
The Capricorn Moon
The Capricorn zodiac sign is the tenth sign of the zodiac. This sign is an earth sign that is ruled by Saturn. Those with this placement tend to be very sensitive, especially when it comes to criticism.
They expect perfection from themselves and they don’t react well to anyone calling them out on their mistakes. And they feel they have a lot of work to do, which is why they’re usually too hard on themselves already!
Those with the Capricorn moon sign have a lot of responsibilities to shoulder in life, which means it’s important for them to find ways to maintain their sense of humor. This is crucial when it comes to maintaining healthy personal relationships.
The Emotional Side of the Capricorn Moon
They don’t want to come across as cold-hearted, so they try hard to find ways of letting go of the weight on their shoulders. Their humor isn’t always obvious though, because Capricorns are also quite reserved in general.
People with a Capricorn moon often have issues with self-esteem. On some level, they feel inferior, but they’re never quite sure why. They feel they have so much to do in life, yet they’re afraid that won’t be enough. This fear of failure can sometimes lead them into self-sabotaging behaviors.
Capricorn moon people are logical, methodical, and practical. Their sense of humor has a very dry quality to it. They can make others laugh, but they often don’t find themselves very funny.
They may seem like no-nonsense overachievers at first glance, and to a certain degree that’s true. These individuals aren’t afraid to work hard to achieve their goals. They tend to think ahead and feel as though they’re always prepared for what comes next in life.
Those born under this moon feel responsible for making the world a better place and they believe they owe it to themselves and their family to accomplish as much as possible with their lives. They aren’t likely to be very good at taking it easy!
Capricorn Moon Personality Traits
As with all moon signs, the Capricorn moon has both negative and positive traits. They can be:
- Hardworking – They feel like they owe it to themselves and their family to achieve their goals. They’re willing to do what needs doing, even if it’s difficult or exhausting for them.
- Organized – Some may see these individuals as control freaks. But the truth is, they feel there is a place for everything. And there’s nothing wrong with that!
- Risk-Adverse – Capricorn moon people don’t want to take any risks, so they plan ahead and try not to be surprised by anything too out of the ordinary.
- Practical – Their sense of humor has a very dry quality which makes it hard for them to get comfortable sharing what they think. They feel awkward being the center of attention.
- Patient – They tend to think through things before they act so it takes them longer than other people to get where they need to go. Once they’ve made up their mind, however, Capricorn moon individuals remain committed to their goal. They’re in it for the long haul.
- Pessimistic – They have a hard time seeing their circumstances as being beneficial, so they tend to focus on the negative aspects and ignore opportunities that might be available to them. Not everything is always going to go wrong in life!
- Pressure-prone – Those born in the Capricorn moon do well under pressure. However, it can build up inside and cause feelings of being overwhelmed. They can become really hard on themselves and anxious about what they have to do next in life.
- Loyal – These individuals are slow to trust but very loyal once they feel comfortable with someone else. They rarely give up on others unless they’ve given them plenty of chances to improve their behavior.
Full Moon in Capricorn
The Capricorn full moon is an opportunity to define long-term goals and what you need to do in order to achieve them. Individuals with their moon in Capricorn want to take the path of least resistance. But it’s important for everyone to have a sense of direction so that they don’t feel lost in life.
The full moon is opposite the Pisces full moon, which means that it’s an opportunity to combine the best of both worlds. While Capricorn tends to be more serious and focused on what’s practical, Pisces helps us see the bigger picture and embrace opportunities even if they don’t provide us with guaranteed results.
The One of the Most Driven Moon Signs
Capricorn Moon people have a strong sense of responsibility and order. They believe in carving their own path and taking the necessary steps to get where they want to go.
They can often be found climbing the corporate ladder from an early age, striving for stability and security in their lives. People born under this sign have a practical nature and are very determined when it comes to achieving.
If you were born with your moon in Capricorn, we hope this article helped you to understand your emotional side a little more. And if you’re looking for how to channel that intensity into a successful career – you’ve come to the right place!Published in
Emily Sprinkle, also known as Emma Loggins, is a designer, marketer, blogger, and speaker. She is the Editor-In-Chief for Women's Business Daily where she pulls from her experience as the CEO and Director of Strategy for Excite Creative Studios, where she specializes in web development, UI/UX design, social media marketing, and overall strategy for her clients.
Emily has also written for CNN, Autotrader, The Guardian, and is also the Editor-In-Chief for the geek lifestyle site FanBolt.com