The April 20 zodiac sign is Taurus. The Taurus zodiac sign begins its reign on this day, so those with a Taurus sun sign technically have their birthday during the “cusp” between seasons. As Aries season officially ends on April 19.
Not sure your exact zodiac birthday? We have a comprehensive birth chart (natal chart), to give you the specifics of your zodiac.
The Aries-Taurus Cusp
The Aries-Taurus Cusp is the time when both Aries and Taurus energy coexist. This is a very powerful mix of energies! Those born on April 20 have some of the best of both signs: A new direction, fresh start and bright hope from Aries and determination and practicality from Taurus.
With an optimistic new-beginnings outlook that’s tempered by a practical nature, those born on April 20th are capable of moving mountains when they put their mind to it. They make great friends since they always try to refrain from imposing their will on others.
However, there may be times when this Taurus-born sprinter runs out of steam and needs time alone to recharge. It’s best to give them wide berth during these times or risk being bitten.
April 20 Zodiac Personality Characteristics & Boundaries
Individuals with an April 20th birthday are blessed with a happy-go-lucky nature, this means that they will try anything once! The key word here is “try”… which doesn’t always mean that they accomplish their goals. This is the point when Taurus needs to work on their follow-through.
They should also put in place some boundaries for themselves so that they don’t get taken advantage of by other people. April 20 would be well advised not to commit until they know exactly what they are getting into, which means that it would be a good idea to get all the facts before making any binding statements.
Optimistic outlook which is tempered by practicality. They are great friends because they never try to impose their will on others, but know how to instruct without being overbearing. Since these individuals have a strong sense of self-worth, they make great partners in a marriage, business or friendship.
A bit lazy at times, procrastinating instead of following through on tasks. This can cause problems with the flow of their projects. If they don’t want to do something, there is no way you are going to make them. They could also be very stubborn and set in their ways.
Famous People Born On This Day
When it comes to famous actors and actresses born on April 20, Andy Serkis, Carmen Electra, Jessica Lange, Joey Lawrence, and Miranda Kerr are all born on this day. In less popular people celebrated an April 20 birthday, Adolf Hitler was also born on this day.
Zodiac Horoscope: Love and Compatibility for April 20 Zodiac Sign
Most Compatible Partners
When it comes to love and relationships, people born on April 20 are most compatible with water signs, Cancer and Pisces. Taurus is also compatible with fellow Earth signs Virgo and Capricorn.
- Cancer: Cancer and Taurus will enjoy each other’s passion. The key to making this relationship work is for both of them to respect each other’s need for independence.
- Pisces: Pisces and the Taurus born on April 20 individuals share a love of creativity and imagination. They both understand improving their environment makes them feel safe and secure; which is something they both need.
- Virgo: Virgo and April 20 may seem unlikely partners, but this is a match made in heaven. When it comes to love and relationships, these two signs share similar values and goals; making them compatible on all levels.
- Capricorn: Capricorn is the best choice for the Taurus who wants to settle down and have a family. It’s true love here. Taurus will enjoy the stability Capricorn has to offer, while April 20 can appreciate Capricorn’s patience and determination.
Least Compatible Partners
People born on April 20 are the least compatible with Gemini and Leo zodiac signs. Despite their innate optimism, these two signs are just too impatient for those born on the 20th.
- Gemini: These two are bound to have a hard time relating to each other. While Gemini is quick-witted and talkative, Aries can’t keep up with very much intellectual conversation.
- Leo: Leo wants the relationship to revolve around them, while people born on April 20 are self sufficient enough that they don’t need that. Taurus can’t handle Leo’s inflated ego for very long before they get annoyed by it.
Zodiac Horoscope: Career and Money for April 20 Zodiac Sign
Those born on this day will find that the perfect career choice requires a bit of creativity and a lot of encouragement. They would do well in careers that always involve some form of group work; healthcare, teaching, traveling, or selling are all possibilities for this Taurus sun sign.
When it comes to money, those born on this day may find themselves in a bit of trouble if they aren’t careful. They must try to avoid overindulgence and only spend the money that is needed for necessities – not for wants!
The Importance of Self Care for Taurus
The key to happiness for Taurus is not through gaining but sharing. They are happiest when they are helping others, so volunteer work will make them feel fulfilled inside.
They also need to learn how to take care of themselves. This means setting boundaries and then learning how to enforce them in order to avoid being taken advantage of by others.
Emily Sprinkle, also known as Emma Loggins, is a designer, marketer, blogger, and speaker. She is the Editor-In-Chief for Women's Business Daily where she pulls from her experience as the CEO and Director of Strategy for Excite Creative Studios, where she specializes in web development, UI/UX design, social media marketing, and overall strategy for her clients.
Emily has also written for CNN, Autotrader, The Guardian, and is also the Editor-In-Chief for the geek lifestyle site FanBolt.com