The August 18 zodiac sign is Leo. Those born under this sign experience a unique position as their reign concludes on August 22, placing them in the “cusp” between seasons. The Virgo season commences officially on August 23.
The Leo-Virgo Cusp
Individuals born on the Leo-Virgo cusp exhibit a blend of characteristics from both signs. Their personalities tend to be robust, and at times, they display traits from both Leo and Virgo. The cusp offers them a chance to master and harmonize the attributes of each sign.
Leo is ruled by the Sun, and Virgo is ruled by Mercury. Together, these celestial bodies represent the god-like ability to discern truth and beauty with clarity and precision! Leo is a fixed sign, and so is Virgo.
People who are born on the cusp have a strong drive to succeed – it’s their nature – but they may have difficulty realizing their full potential because of how quickly circumstances can change.
Leo-Virgos don’t always understand themselves, and they need time to process their thoughts and feelings. Their mind works rapidly, and they may be prone to jumping to conclusions – something that Virgo does quite well!
Persons born on August 18 have the fire sign, as that is the Leo element sign.
The Leo Zodiac
The Leo Zodiac sign, represented by the majestic lion, is known for its charismatic and outgoing nature. People born under this sign often exude confidence and leadership qualities, making them natural-born leaders. They are passionate individuals who seek recognition and are not afraid to stand out from the crowd.
With a generous and warm-hearted disposition, Leos tend to attract friends and admirers alike. However, their strong sense of pride can sometimes lead to stubbornness, and they may need to be mindful of their ego to maintain harmonious relationships. Overall, the Leo Zodiac sign brings a fiery and dynamic energy to the astrological landscape.
August 18 Zodiac Personality Characteristics & Boundaries
The Leo-Virgo Cusp dates fall between August 18th and August 23rd. Those born on August 18 are likely to be quite balanced, and they may possess strengths that people of other zodiac signs can’t – or can’t – replicate.
For example, it’s possible for the Leo-Virgo cusp to have a really good sense of humor as well as a serious nature at the same time! In many cases, people born on this day may be able to “work both sides of the fence” with ease.
Leo-Virgos are comfortable being who they are, and they don’t typically try to change their nature or personality in order to impress others. They know what they like, and what really matters, and all of it is OK!
These individuals are also very good at taking their time, and they don’t rush into new things. While this is rarely a bad thing, it may slow them down in some cases.
The Leo-Virgo cusp’s biggest problem is impatience. Many people born on the cusp of August 18 tend to lose their cool when things aren’t going their way quickly enough! In some cases, people born on this day may have a problem with being on time. This is because they tend to get so many things done in such a short amount of time that they just can’t or won’t slow down!
People born on August 18 possess a unique combination of confidence and straightforwardness. However, they also excel as attentive listeners. Their strong sense of humor and immense determination are their hidden strengths, which others may not immediately recognize until it catches them by surprise.
Leo-Virgos can be aggressive when necessary, but they will do everything possible to avoid conflict with the people who are important to them. They’re likely to surround themselves with friends and family, and they’ll work hard to make sure that everyone involved is happy.
August 18 zodiac personalities can sometimes come across as a bit overwhelming or even intimidating! This is because these individuals are extremely confident, and they know how to get what they want. That said, their behavior may not always be appropriate in social situations.
The Leo-Virgo cusp can sometimes be a bit bossy or controlling without even realizing it. This comes from their ability to see the bigger picture – something that people of other zodiacs may not be able to do as easily.
Famous People Born On This Day
When it comes to famous actors and actresses born on this day, Andy Samberg, Christian Slater, Edward Norton, Roman Polanski, Kaitlin Olson, and Rosalynn Carter all call August 18th their birthday. Also born on this date was Patrick Swayze and Robert Redford.
Zodiac Horoscope: Love and Compatibility for August 18 Zodiac Sign
Most Compatible Partners
People born on August 18th tend to be the most compatible with Pisces, Sagittarius and Gemini zodiac signs.
- Pisces: August 18 natives possess a high sense of humor, and they aren’t afraid to be themselves. Pisces-born individuals appreciate this trait in other people, and they can likely get along with Leo-Virgo cusp well because of it!
- Sagittarius: Although Sagittarius natives may find the Leo-Virgo cusp a bit on the serious side, they likely won’t mind because of their own personal reputation. Rather than arguing about who’s right and who’s wrong, these two might just get along quite well!
- Gemini: Gemini natives share many of the same qualities as Leo-Virgo cusp such as determination and patience. Both individuals are comfortable being who they are, and neither of them are very likely to change because of their relationship.
Least Compatible Partners
Those born on August 18 tend to have the least compatible matches with Cancer, Libra, Aries and Pisces signs.
- Cancer: Those born under the Cancer zodiac may feel like Leo-Virgo cusp comes on a bit too strong for their liking. Cancer-born individuals are often private, whereas Leo-Virgos tend to be more flamboyant and outspoken!
- Libra: Although Libra zodiac signs may enjoy the Leo-Virgo cusp’s playful personality, they’ll probably take issue with just how direct this individual can be at times. Libra-born individuals like to be the center of attention, and they may not appreciate their Leo-Virgo cusp’s attempts to overshadow them!
- Aries: Aries individuals tend to be very competitive (to say the least). While Leo-Virgo cusps also have a competitive side, they aren’t as outwardly aggressive about it. At the end of the day, Aries natives probably won’t appreciate being compared to Leo-Virgo cusp’s seemingly perfect partner!
- Pisces: Pisces can be a bit on the sensitive side, and their laid back approach to life may not mesh well with Leo-Virgo cusp’s aggressive one. Pisces-born individuals don’t like taking control, and they may feel like Leo-Virgo cusp is bossy or domineering!
Zodiac Horoscope: Career and Money for August 18 Zodiac Sign
The Leos born on August 18 tend to be great at balancing their professional and personal lives, and this is largely due to their strong work ethic.
Leo-Virgo cusp’s career tends to be centered around art or design; these individuals may also enjoy teaching or working with children because of their nurturing nature.
When it comes to money, Leo-Virgo cusp is never afraid to pull out the big guns when needed. They may even take on a number of side projects in an effort to make more money.
With that being said, these individuals are also very generous with their wealth. Despite having the ability to be materialistic thanks to their money-making capabilities, Leo-Virgo cusp prefers to spend their hard earned cash on others instead.
The Importance of Self Care for the Leo
Leo-Virgo cusp is a unique individual who enjoys helping others in ways they may not be able to help themselves. However, when it comes to making sure their own needs are met, these individuals tend to become a bit neglectful. They’re not great at self-care.
When the Leo-Virgo cusp prepares for their next significant undertaking, they might prioritize others’ needs over their own well-being. Although they value when someone shows concern for them, they don’t wish to burden anyone either.
The Leo-Virgo cusp is naturally inclined to prioritize others, an integral part of their identity. However, they must also remember that it’s perfectly acceptable to seek help and support when needed. Taking care of oneself is essential, and they should occasionally remind themselves to ask for assistance without hesitation.
Emily Sprinkle, also known as Emma Loggins, is a designer, marketer, blogger, and speaker. She is the Editor-In-Chief for Women's Business Daily where she pulls from her experience as the CEO and Director of Strategy for Excite Creative Studios, where she specializes in web development, UI/UX design, social media marketing, and overall strategy for her clients.
Emily has also written for CNN, Autotrader, The Guardian, and is also the Editor-In-Chief for the geek lifestyle site FanBolt.com