With this cacao smoothie recipe, you can create a delicious and healthy drink that will give you the energy boost of your dreams. Cacao is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients like magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc and more! Cacao is also high in fiber which helps keep your digestive system running smoothly. Not to mention, cacao also contains mood-enhancing chemicals called serotonin precursors.
All this to say: cacao has some awesome health benefits! And it tastes great too!
Cacao Smoothie Recipe
- 40-50g oats
- 1 ripe col or frozen banana (we freeze these in batches – they make smoothies taste even sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (currently obsessed with Pip and Nut)
- 200ml of any nut milk (we use almond)
- 1 scoop of sun warrior vanilla protein powder (this really does improve the texture and help you feel fuller)
- 1 teaspoon Aduna baobab (I use this in the winter months to up my vitamin C intake and it also gives an additional fruity taste)
- Goji, coconut shavings, and linseeds seeds work well but be creative, anything will do!
- Quite simply blend it together and add the toppings. Eat. Enjoy.
If you want an energy boost without sacrificing flavor or health benefits, we recommend trying out this recipe! If you find that the cacao is a bit to sweet for you, try Maca powder instead, which will give you mental and physical clarity without any of the sugar. Maca root powder has been shown to improve mood; increase libido; reduce anxiety and combat fatigue or depression. It also contains essential amino acids like tryptophan which helps regulate hormones, improves sleep quality, and boosts immunity (plus it tastes amazing!).Published in