Everyone loves a curry and this is a twist on the classic veggie variety! This recipe has all the flavor and health benefits of your average curry, but is made with the addition of mushrooms and broccoli.
We’ve included the dark green leafy veg – broccoli, spinach AND kale – that we ideally want to have every day, as well as some mushrooms and tomatoes, which provide a different texture and color to the dish.
Mushroom, Broccoli, and Coconut Curry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 400ml water
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 large handfuls of kale, roughly torn and stems removed
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- 50g toasted almonds, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brown rice or soba noodles, to serve
Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the cumin seeds. Fry until the seeds begin to pop and become fragrant, then quickly add the onion, garlic, ginger and red chillies and fry for 1–2 minutes.
Add all the ground spices and cook for 5–7 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, coconut milk and 400ml water and cook for a further 10–15 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
Gently stir in the spinach and kale and allow to wilt.
Serve over brown rice or soba noodles and garnish with the chopped coriander and toasted almonds. And enjoy!
- Growing Industries to Get Involved in Now - December 1, 2021
- May 22 Zodiac Sign: Horoscope, Personality, and Compatibility - November 24, 2021
- March 21 Zodiac Sign: Horoscope, Personality, and Compatibility - November 24, 2021