If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party, we have just the recipe for you – primula with ham stuffed mushrooms! We promise it’s just as delicious as it sounds.
The best part? They’re quick, easy and can be stored for a few days in an airtight container. And if you would like to make these vegetarian-friendly, simply omit the ham from the stuffing mixture.
Looking for a vegan substitute? Try adding black rice or quinoa instead. Remove the ham and go with a dairy-free cheese option.
Primula with Ham Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 5-6 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 100g Primula cheese with ham
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, brush a baking sheet with the oil, wipe the mushrooms with a soft brush or a paper towel and lay on the baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs with the garlic, parsley and chilli and set aside a good tablespoonful for the topping.
- Add the Primula and the black pepper to the remainder of the breadcrumb mixture and stir well.
- Spread each mushroom with one quarter of the cheese/breadcrumb mixture, then top with the reserved breadcrumb mixture.
- Cover the mushrooms with tin foil and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove the tin foil and cook a further 5-6 mins for the breadcrumb mixture to crisp up.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Emily Sprinkle, also known as Emma Loggins, is a designer, marketer, blogger, and speaker. She is the Editor-In-Chief for Women's Business Daily where she pulls from her experience as the CEO and Director of Strategy for Excite Creative Studios, where she specializes in web development, UI/UX design, social media marketing, and overall strategy for her clients.
Emily has also written for CNN, Autotrader, The Guardian, and is also the Editor-In-Chief for the geek lifestyle site FanBolt.com