Like most passions, hobbies, or entrepreneurial endeavors, they can take over your life and you can find that what you do is related to it. Not to mention that you may want the things that can help your passion, hobby, or business to be better too. This is true for a lot of things but especially for bloggers. It can be a hobby or a business for people and as it can be such a passion, there can be lots of things that you want to help you to be a better blogger and to do the things that you want to do. A lot of bloggers start off small, though, and will save up for the things that they want. But this holiday season, if you have a blogger on your list of people to buy for, then here are some things that they are likely to have on their wish list, but that you can really treat them to.
Gifts to Improve Photography
To have a blog that really looks like your own and not one that is full of stock images, then it is a great idea for bloggers to hone their photography skills. So anything to help make taking photos easier can definitely be a good thing. Here are a few ideas to help you:
- DSLR Camera: this isn’t going to be for everyone, as it is definitely on the pricier list of things so will depend on your budget. But if a blogger doesn’t have a DSLR camera then it can hinder their skills, especially for close up things like food photography or product images.
- Camera Lens: if you know that your blogger friend already has a camera but only has one lens for the camera, then getting them a new one can help to diversify what they are able to do. It could be lens for close up images or perhaps more of a landscape lens for shots outdoors. You might just have to do a little bit of stealth checking that you don’t get one that they already have.
- Tripod: some extra gear for taking photos is always a good idea. It could be a tripod for a larger camera or perhaps a hand-held camera for vlogging with. You can even get tripods for phones for videos and photos too.
- Photo props: props and backdrops for images can be really handy for a blogger that takes a lot of images. It allows them to take them from home but change up the look of where you are photographing. Backdrops can be pretty inexpensive to buy, and props could be vintage items or accessories for the kind of blogging that they do (cutlery for food bloggers, for instance).
Gifts For the Practical Side of Blogging
In order to improve the practical side of the day job of blogging, then there are plenty of things that can work as a gift. It can make them be more productive, as well as help them to be more organized. Here are some tech or office based goods that any blogger would love:
- Blog Planners: if a blogger wants to get more organized and create a content plan, then getting them a gift that is going to make that simpler is going to be a good choice. You can get specific planners for bloggers these days, and if you got one that could be personalized then it would give it a really nice touch.
- External Hard Drive: when you write a lot of content and take a lot of photographs, you need to think about what to do with it all. And unless you have the budget for buying them a new laptop, then it could be a good idea to think about something like an external hard drive for data and file storage. You could also think about getting them some cute flash drives if you want to make the gift a little cuter and more Instagram-worthy.
- Silhouette Machine or Cricut: If the blogger that you have in mind is a bit of a crafty blogger, and they don’t already have something like a silhouette machine or a Cricut, then that can be a great idea for them. They can get creative with it for their images, as well as helping them to create new tutorials and crafts and all things DIY.
Gifts to Inspire
Keeping inspired and writing as a blogger is important. It can show your readership your voice and can help you to create some really unique content. But from time to time you could definitely suffer with a bit of blogger’s writing block. So here are some gifts that could help to keep them inspired and motivated to write:
- Blogging Books: there are plenty of blogging books out there on the market, so you can choose one that can really suit them. There are books like ‘Blogging Changes Lives’ by Aby Moore, if you are looking to get into blogging and want to know the best way to do it. You could also look into a book called ‘Million Dollar Blog’ by Natasha Courtenay-Smith that details all of the ways that you can make money blogging. Inspiring reads, for sure.
- Blogging Courses: because blogging is here to stay, there are many people that are looking to share their expertise, but of course, charge for it. If your friends has mentioned that they want to improve their social media, photography, or writing, then how about booking them on a course that could help them with just that?
- Conference Tickets: blog conference tickets could be another way to help them to get inspired, as they get to hear experts in their field talk and share tips, as well as meeting with plenty of like-minded individuals. They may have mentioned a conference that they were interested in attending, or it might be something that you just have to look up and check that they’re free. Either way, it is thoughtful, inspiring, motivating, and sure to please.