Need some office decorating ideas? Decorating your office is always a fun and refreshing undertaking! It’s a way to inject a little bit of yourself and your personality into your workspace – which can help you feel more relaxed and enhance your performance.
Whether you’re a go-out-and-buy-it or stay-in-and-make-it person, we’ve pulled together a few office décor ideas that will give you some inspiration on how to make your workspace feel more like your second home sweet home.
Office Decorating Ideas: Cool Gadgets You Didn’t Know You Needed (But Do!)
- Milk Desk: In addition to looking sleek and minimalistic, this desk can also be used as a standing or sitting desk, thanks to its ability to be raised and lowered electrically. It also has enough hidden compartments to always keep your workspace looking neat and uncluttered.
- Aeron Chair: The Aeron Chair looks a little intimidating at first glance, but was designed specifically with the human form in mind. Not only is the chair environmentally friendly (at 94% recyclability), but it was also designed to be “biomorphic, or curvilinear, as a metaphor of human form in the visual as well as the tactile sense.”
- SmartPen: This could very well end up being the last pen you ever need (unless you have issues with losing pens like we do). The Livescribe Smart Pen automatically digitizes any notes you take with it and also lets you “automatically and wirelessly transfer your recorded notes and audio to your Evernote account for access on nearly any digital device.” Welcome to the future.
Office Decorating Ideas: DIY Office Décor Tips
- Art: Accenting your office with cool art doesn’t have to break the bank. From huge canvases to plates – to even clipboards (yes, clipboards) anything can be turned into art for you to enjoy. Remember, one man’s trash is another’s office art!
- Organization: Keeping an organized office space is a battle for some, but by repurposing everyday items that you probably have lying around right now, organization quickly becomes cheap and easy!
- Painting: Painting your office walls can set the tone of the workplace depending on the color you choose, so pick wisely. Some colors, like yellow, can invoke more energetic feelings, while others, like greens and blues, are known to make you feel calmer.
These are just a few office decorating tips to help get you started, but the most important thing to remember when sprucing up your space, be it an office building or at home, is to make sure you include your own personal touches that will show others who you are as soon as they walk in.
We also pulled some of our favorite office looks and tips from Pinterest to share as well. Take a look below.
Office Decorating Ideas: Office Design Inspiration
Feel free to share your office decorating ideas with us! We’d love to hear your ideas!