Creating social media content that really pops can be time-intensive but also very enjoyable. But, sometimes it can feel like you are fresh out of ideas, and in fact, you can lose the love for it after a short while. Do you have the audience size you want or do you need help? Click here for more on that.
Nonetheless, the content wheels keeps turning and you need to remain relevant – so what can you do to improve your chances of getting seen, and make the content you are creating enjoyable to both you and the intended audience?
It can be a slog to continually search and share up to date content that matches the messages you are trying to share. However, if you use Buffer, then you can hook up Quuu and select some interests – which will auto-populate your feed and share at designated times. Perfect for people who are on a tight schedule and are hoping to push their account into expert standing.
Decide what your business falls into – tech, home, lifestyle etc. and choose categories from sites you trust to fill up your feed.
Well, not all the time at any rate. If all you share are links to your products and rarely anything else, people will soon get bored. There is nothing there to start a conversation or to engage with – so why would they? Try to keep your content interesting to your audience by using the 80/20 rule. 80% of everything you share should be in your remit in terms of topic and field, things that people can share and talk about. The other 20 percent should be your links to your products. Aside from it looking spammy, social media sites don’t love it when it is the same links posted repeatedly.
Create content that will always remain relevant – so you can continue to use it for as long as possible. If you are creating written content, the chances are after about 4 months you’ll forget about any great pieces that you’ve written. Specific topics in pretty much all industries will have content that will always matter. It is important that you revisit the post regularly to update any links.
Typically these articles work well:
- How to
- Case Studies
It might be tempting to throw these together for the sake of content, but spend some time and really delve into the topic. After all, you want it to work for years, not minutes.
When something is funny, more people will share it. When something is sad, the likes and shares will flood in. People are emotional creatures, and great content can poke at those emotions in order to get traction. It might seem like a cheap trick but actually, when something really resonates with your readers and followers that is when you know you have hit the sweet spot of content creation – and you can then replicate the efforts until you have a perfect formula.